Swapping home

If you are an existing tenant, another way to move is through what is known as a mutual exchange. This is where you swap your home with another of our tenants or a tenant of another housing association or council. You need our written permission before you swap.

Finding someone to swap with:
We use an online system called Homeswapper, which is a register of all tenants in the UK who want to move. To join Homeswapper, go to www.homeswapper.co.uk.



We will approve your registration so long as:

  • You don't have rent arrears
  • You have been a tenant in your current property for more than one year
  • You don't have a history of antisocial behaviour
  • You can afford the rent
  • The property is the right size for your household

When you find someone you want to swap with, make sure you find out as much as possible about the tenancy you would have and be sure to visit the property. Please remember, you are accepting the property as it is (so make sure you are happy with the kitchen etc). Click here to complete our online enquiry form.


For more information please download our Mutual Exchange Policy.







To ensure we give you the best experience on our website we use Cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time. However, if you continue without changing your settings we will presume you are happy to receive all cookies on the Saxon Weald website.