Over 55 housing - FAQ

Over 55 housing - FAQ

 Q: Who can apply?

A: Any household where every member of that household is over the age of 55. There is discretion for one household member to be under 55, for example a live-in carer.


Q: How do I get an application form?

A: Whether you are an existing or new Saxon Weald customer, our Retirement Application form must be completed in full and returned to us. You can download an application form here


Alternatively click here to complete our online enquiry form and we will send you an application form in the post. You can also collect a form from our office. 


 Q: I am already in a retirement property with Saxon Weald; can I apply for a different scheme?

A: No, we are unable to allow transfers between retirement schemes unless there is a housing need (which would be determined by your housing/scheme manager). 

You can apply for extra care housing if you feel you need more support or have care needs. Click here for information on extra care. 


Q: What do I do if I or a member of my family needs to move into retirement quickly?

A: If you or your relative needs to move quickly, we would advise you to contact your local council for advice. 


Q: Is there a scheme manager?

A: Many of our schemes are supported by our scheme managers. Their normal office hours are Monday to Thursday, 8.30am - 5pm and Fridays, 8.30am - 4pm. Please note that a manager may not be on site at the scheme every day.


We have a small number of independent retirement schemes at Saxon Weald which do not have a scheme manager service. These include Robin Place, Florence Court, Adur View, Orchard Gardens and Gardener House. 


In the case of an emergency, there is a 24-hour emergency call system in case residents need urgent help or assistance.


Q: What if I need support?

A: Our extra care retirement properties offer extra support from trained care staff. 

Care is provided by a professional team, administering both agreed care and support packages and providing help in an emergency.


Find out more about our extra care housing here.


Q: How long will I be on the list?

A: It is impossible to say how long you will wait on the list but the more areas you have chosen, the more chance you have of being offered a property. If you come to the top of the list for a property, we will contact you. If your circumstances or areas of choice change, please let us know. 


Q: What happens when I come to the top of the list for a property?

A: When you are matched to a property you will be contacted by the relevant scheme manager and offered a viewing. If you accept the property the scheme manager will contact you when a date can be organised for your move.


Q: What will I need to bring with me when I sign my tenancy agreement?

A: You will need to provide identification and one month’s rent payment or, if you are in receipt of housing benefit, documentation to support your change of address claim. 




To ensure we give you the best experience on our website we use Cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time. However, if you continue without changing your settings we will presume you are happy to receive all cookies on the Saxon Weald website.