Contents Insurance

As the owner of your property, we insure the building you live in. Buildings insurance
covers the permanent parts of the building e.g. walls, doors, windows, roof, bathroom suite and fitted kitchen. You are responsible for buying your own contents insurance, however, which should cover your belongings for theft and damage.

Contents Insurance

Belongings to cover under your contents insurance usually includes items such as:


  • Electrical equipment and gadgets
  • Clothing
  • Furniture and upholstery


Think about it as everything you would take with you if you moved.


Make sure your insurance also covers you for damage caused to other people’s property. For example, if your washing machine overflows and causes damage to a neighbour’s property, this would be your responsibility.


Please be aware that even if a problem is caused by something which we are responsible for repairing, any damage caused to your belongings would have to be claimed against your own contents insurance. For example, if there was a flood caused by a burst pipe, we would repair any damage to the structure of the building and you would have to claim on your own insurance for any water damage to your furniture, loss of water / increased water bill, etc.


Why not try a price comparison site such as:


Compare The Market


Money Super Market


Gas appliances

We are legally required to carry out annual inspections of all gas appliances and installations that we have put in your home. We will notify you when your annual inspection is due and agree an appointment. Please do respond when you get your notification as this is an important safety matter.


You are responsible for ensuring your own gas appliances are properly maintained and safe to use. If we find something unsafe during our own checks, we may cap your gas supply and even condemn your appliance if necessary.


Solid fuel appliances

If your home has an open fire and chimney, it is your responsibility to get the chimney swept. This should be done at least once a year, although every six months is ideal.


We will carry out an annual inspection for anyone with a closed solid fuel appliance such as a Parkray or Rayburn. If you have such an appliance but would like to discuss an alternative form of heating, please contact our Asset Management team.


To ensure we give you the best experience on our website we use Cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time. However, if you continue without changing your settings we will presume you are happy to receive all cookies on the Saxon Weald website.